Serve up some cricket pancakes with a chocolate twist to mix up your breakfast routine! Follow our home recipe to add some cricket nutrition to your pancakes.
We suggest serving them with good ol’ Canadian maple syrup, and follow our tips below the recipe to kick up the nutrition a notch.
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 pancakes):
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup Chocolate Cricket Protein Powder
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 and 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of your mixture onto the pan. Brown on both sides and serve hot!
- For a healthier mix, sub ¼ or ½ of the flour used for oats. Let the final mixture rest for a few minutes to let the oats absorb some of the liquid. You might have to slightly decrease the milk used in the recipe to get the desired consistency.
- Place sliced bananas in the heated pan first to caramelize them. Then pour the batter on top.